* Food, Education, Agriculture Solutions Together
FEAST is a community organizing process that allows participants to engage in an informed and facilitated discussion about food, education and agriculture in their community and begin to work toward solutions together to help build a healthier, more equitable and more resilient local food system.
Communities that have participated in FEAST have:
- Formed and expanded Farm-to-School partnerships between rural school districts and local farmers
- Built community connectivity and formed regional action networks
- Created new farmers markets and community gardens
- Increased acceptance of WIC and Senior Farm Direct Checks and WIC Fruit and Veggie Vouchers at farmers markets and local businesses
- Formed new and innovative partnerships between food donors and emergency food providers
FEAST helps build community
Read the FEAST program evaluation to learn about ways that FEAST workshops have helped participants connect to their communities and improve their local food systems.
Is your community ready for a FEAST?
Read the FEAST planning manual to find out more about the process.
Learn about goal and outcomes of the program and about where FEAST workshops have already been implemeted.
Contact Megan Newell-Ching or Sharon Thornberry to learn more.